Join this tour to immerse in Hong Kong’s culture and enjoy the nostalgia of the Tai O fishing village. Top up your cable car trip with a professionally guided experience around the famous attractions of Lantau, including Ngong Ping Village, the Big Buddha and Po Lin Monastery. Appreciate some hand-crafted floral teas before visiting Tai O, where you can observe iconic stilt houses up close on a special boat ride. Dig in the wide variety of local delicacies like sugar donuts, giant fishballs and sweet tofu to round up your fishing village experience.
Approx. 3.5 hours (daily departure)
Latest Ticket Purchase / Redemption Time
10:30 11:30 12:30 13:45
Ticket Redemption Point
Designated counter at the Ticketing Office, Ngong Ping 360 Tung Chung Cable Car Terminal
11:15 12:15 13:15 14:30
Ngong Ping Village Shop no. 8, Li-Nong Tea House
English, Putonghua or Cantonese
|ADULT||CHILD* (AGED 3-11)|
Tour fee includes round trip cable car ticket, free tea demonstration, air-conditioned sightseeing coach transfer to Tai O Fishing Village, Tai O boat excursion, traditional stilt house visit, free tasting of Tai O local delicacies and professional guided services.
- Subject to availability. Daily quota applies.
- Infants aged between 0-2 years inclusive are free of charge.
- * According to “Tung Chung Cable Car Bylaw”, children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by a person aged 15 or above to board. Proof of age may be requested by Ngong Ping 360 staff.
Enjoy the vista of rolling greens, boundless blue sky and the vast ocean from the cable car cabin of Asia’s longest bi-cable ropeway. Kick off your trip of enlightenment with a bird’s eye view on the breathtaking panorama from all 360 degrees.
Upon your arrival at Ngong Ping Village, please assemble at Li-Nong Tea House (shop no. 8 in Ngong Ping Village) at the designated time. Li-Nong Tea House is committed to promote the culture of Chinese tea. You can sample its original floral teas and watch tea demonstration.
You will take a short coach ride to Tai O. Upon arriving at the fishing village, you will step into an authentic stilt house and sample the life of the natives of the fishing village. Your guide will walk you through the ingenious set up of these one-of-a-kind buildings and explain how space is optimised for comfort and practicability.
Explore the tranquil life of Hong Kong’s oldest fishing village – Tai O, on this adorable boat excursion. Enjoy the charming views of stilt houses built along the banks of Tai O’s waterways and observe the General’s Rock up close. You may even see a Chinese Pink Dolphin along the way!
Hungry? Enjoy free tasting of local snacks.
Tai O Village is a mini “shoppers’ paradise”, especially for those interested in exotic condiments, homemade dried seafood, nostalgic toys and local dumplings and pastries. You will also enjoy the open-air shopping experience that is hardly found anywhere else in Hong Kong.
Coach ride back to Ngong Ping. The Big Buddha, the world’s second largest outdoor bronze Buddha statue, and Po Lin Monastery, the largest of Hong Kong’s Buddhist temple, are both “must-see” attractions of Lantau. Experience the magnificence of Buddhism and architectural grandeur right here!
Your trip ends. You can continue to dine and shop at Ngong Ping Village, where a wide array of restaurants and stores with lovely souvenirs are available. Then go back to cable car terminal for a return trip to Tung Chung.
Terms and Conditions
- All rates are quoted in Hong Kong dollars.
- Should the cable car service be cancelled due to inclement weather or other reasons, the guided tour will be cancelled.
- In the case of cable car service suspension for weather or other reasons, guests can exchange their tickets to another date or apply for a refund at the ticketing office of the Tung Chung Cable Car Terminal, Ngong Ping Cable Car Terminal, or by emailing to email@example.com.
- Guests are required to present the “Tai O Boat Excursion” voucher at designated pier in Tai O for boarding. Should the “Tai O Boat Excursion” service be unavailable, this voucher can be used at Ngong Ping 360 Souvenir Shops at a value of HK$20. Tai O Boat Excursion will not be available on the following days: 5 February 2019 (First day of Lunar New Year), 5 April 2019(Ching Ming Festival) and 7 June 2019 (Tuen Ng Festival).
- All redemption vouchers have no cash value and cannot be redeemed for cash. The vouchers validity is as per date stamped.
- Ngong Ping 360 and 360 Holidays shall not be liable for any loss, damage to property, personal injury, theft, delay arising from accident, or other matters beyond its control that occur during the guests’ journey.
- The itinerary or transportation described in the itinerary is subject to change without prior notice. In the event of adverse traffic conditions, Ngong Ping 360 and 360 Holidays reserve the right to alter the order of places to be visited.
- The starting time of the tours is fixed and latecomers will not be entertained. No refund will be provided for latecomers. If a guest chooses to cancel the tour prior to departure, or to cancel the remaining part of the tour after the tour has started, any unused portion is deemed to be voluntarily given up. No refund will be provided for the unused portion of the tour.
- Guests are to exercise their own judgement on whether their physical conditions allow them to join the activities of the tour and Ngong Ping 360 shall be not be held responsible for the physical conditions of guests.
- Ngong Ping 360 is not a supplier of the products and services of the merchant and shall not be held responsible for any liability in relation thereto.
- These terms and conditions are subject to change without prior notice. In case of any disputes, the decision of Ngong Ping 360 Limited shall be final.
- All photos and the above itineraries are for reference only.
- Travel Agent’s Licence No. 353401
We can arrange private guided tours by request.
For enquiries and ticketing, please contact us at Guest Services Hotline (852) 3666 0606.