This two-hour excursion takes you on an in-depth visit to three majestic architectures in Ngong Ping, namely the Big Buddha, Po Lin Monastery and Wisdom Path. In addition to an introduction to the architectural art, the tour also inspires participants become enlightened and to learn more about themselves through Buddhist stories.
2 hours (available on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays)
Latest Ticket Purchase / Redemption Time
Ticket Redemption Point
Designated counter at the Ticketing Office, Ngong Ping 360 Tung Chung Cable Car Terminal Getting there
Ngong Ping Village Shop no. 8, Li-Nong Tea House
English, Putonghua or Cantonese
|ADULT||CHILD* (AGED 3-11)|
Tour fee includes round trip Ngong Ping Cable Car ticket, air-conditioned sightseeing coach transfer to the Big Buddha, Po Lin Monastery refreshment voucher and professional guided service.
- Subject to availability. Daily quota applies.
- Infants aged between 0-2 years inclusive are free of charge.
- * According to “Tung Chung Cable Car Bylaw”, children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by a person aged 15 or above to board. Proof of age may be requested by Ngong Ping 360 staff.
Enjoy the vista of rolling greens, boundless blue sky and the vast ocean from the cable car cabin of Asia’s longest bi-cable ropeway. Kick off your trip of enlightenment with a bird’s eye view on the breathtaking panorama from all 360 degrees. Travel to the pedestal of the Big Buddha in our comfortable 360 Holidays coach.
The world renowned outdoor seated bronze Buddha statue sits calmly on a three-storey pedestal. The 34-metre tall statue weighs 250 tonnes. It was built over 12 years’ time. Measuring 30 square metres, the solemn face of the bronze Buddha statue was cast in a single piece. Visitors could appreciate the Buddha’s relic, the most sacred item of Buddhism, and worship the Buddha in the exhibition hall inside the pedestal.
An arrangement of 38 giant wood columns measuring 8-10 metres tall and 1 metre wide to showcase calligraphic works by world-renowned Sinologist Professor Jao Tsung-I. These wood columns are arranged in a “∞” pattern. The words are from a famous Buddhist classic called the Heart Sutra. The Wisdom Path symbolises the profoundness and wisdom of Buddhist teaching.
The Grand Hall of Ten Thousand Buddhas was completed in 2014. The five-storey architecture occupies an area of more than 6,000 square metres. It comprises of the Main Shrine Hall of Buddha, a scripture library, an abbot’s chamber, a mediation hall, a permanent altar, an exhibition hall for Buddhist artefacts and a multi-functional hall. It is an important educational base for traditional culture, and a complex that combines Buddhist teaching, religious mediation, history, culture and tourism.
You now return to the Po Lin Monastery to enjoy vegetarian refreshment and to tour on your own. The excursion concludes with a return trip to Tung Chung on the cable car.
Terms and Conditions
- All rates are quoted in Hong Kong dollars.
- Should the cable car service be cancelled due to inclement weather or other reasons, the guided tour will be cancelled.
- In the case of cable car service suspension for weather or other reasons, guests can exchange their tickets to another date or apply for a refund at the ticketing office of the Tung Chung Cable Car Terminal, Ngong Ping Cable Car Terminal, or by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All redemption vouchers have no cash value and cannot be redeemed for cash. The vouchers validity is as per date stamped.
- Ngong Ping 360 and 360 Holidays shall not be liable for any loss, damage to property, personal injury, theft, delay arising from accident, or other matters beyond its control that occur during the guests’ journey.
- The itinerary or transportation described in the itinerary is subject to change without prior notice. In the event of adverse traffic conditions, Ngong Ping 360 and 360 Holidays reserve the right to alter the order of places to be visited.
- The starting time of the tours is fixed and latecomers will not be entertained. No refund will be provided for latecomers.
- As the tour requires walking on mountain trails, guests are to exercise their own judgement on whether their physical conditions allow them to join the activities of the tour and Ngong Ping 360 shall be not be held responsible for the physical conditions of guests.
- Ngong Ping 360 is not a supplier of the products and services of the merchant and shall not be responsible for any liability in relation thereto.
- These terms and conditions are subject to change without prior notice. In case of any disputes, the decision of Ngong Ping 360 Limited shall be final.
- All photos and the above itineraries are for reference only.
- Travel Agent’s Licence No. 353401
We can arrange private guided tours by request.
For enquiries and ticketing, please contact us at Guest Services Hotline (852) 3666 0606.