Gather Good Luck for the New Year at Ngong Ping 360
Come and celebrate Chinese New Year at Ngong Ping 360! Guests can enjoy festive Lion Dance Performance, take photos at the “Good Luck Garden” Chinese New Year Floral Masterpiece, and improve their luck at the Blessing Drums and the Bodhi Tree.
To kick-start New Year with lots of luck, don’t forget to stop by the Big Buddha and Po Lin Monastery - two must-visit attractions on Lantau Island.
Chinese New Year Floral Masterpiece – Good Luck Garden
Ngong Ping Village is surrounded by flowers during Chinese New Year. The highlight of the festive installations is the floral masterpiece, which makes the perfect backdrop for your CNY pictures!
Venue: Stupa Square, Ngong Ping Village
Traditional Lion Dance Performance
Spectacular lion dance performances are available from 5 to 12 February 2018. Immerse in the jubilant atmosphere of this traditional Chinese festival!
Date: 5 to 12 February 2019
Schedule: 12:30 and 15:30 (The 10-minute show runs twice daily, except 8 February 2019)
You will find a Bodhi tree in Ngong Ping Village, but this one is hung with “wishing placards” which are unique to Hong Kong. Although you cannot throw you own placard onto the tree, you can still experience the Hong Kong tradition and bring your memory home in a picture.
Ngong Ping Village does remind you of a destination famed for making wishes true. The first photo-spot that welcomes you is a set of eight blessing drums, on which words of blessings such as propitiousness, auspiciousness, happiness, peace, success, etc. Want to have them all? Why not take a picture with each and every one of them?
Bodhi Wishing Shrine
Stop by the Bodhi Wishing Shrine this new year and make your first wish for the Year of the Pig! Write your wishes a wooden plaque and hang it up here. A wishing card can be redeemed with any purchase of HK$150 or above at Ngong Ping 360 Souvenir Shops.
The Big Buddha and Po Lin Monastery
As the Chinese New Year marks the new start of a year, many people would perform rituals and pray to the Buddha to wish for a peaceful and smooth year ahead.
Why not extend your lucky Chinese New Year walk from Ngong Ping Village to the Big Buddha before enjoying a vegetarian meal in the nearby Po Lin Monastery? These two must-see Lantau attractions are only 10 minutes away from Ngong Ping Village.
Lunar New Year is the most important festival for Chinese. Besides having your lucky walk and praying for prosperity for the year ahead, it is also the perfect moment to share a lovely meal with your family!
Why not enjoy your day with CNY dishes specially designed by the fine restaurants in Ngong Ping Village?
Exclusive online discount: 12% off "1+1 Round Trip Cable Car ticket (Standard and Crystal Cabin)"
Limited-time 12% off discount! Book the "1+1 Round Trip Cable Car ticket (Standard and Crystal Cabin)" from the Ngong Ping 360 webstore to experience both types of cabins and feel the magic of our glass-floored crystal cabin! You can even save on-site ticket-queuing time and approach the boarding area directly for fast boarding!Book now!
Terms and conditions of the event
- Pictures are for reference only.
- The show schedule is subject to change or cancellation without prior notice.
- The opening hours of Ngong Ping 360 is subject to change due to inclement weather or other special circumstances. Please visit Ngong Ping 360 website for updated information before departure.
- Ngong Ping 360 Limited reserves the right to modify the Terms and Conditions without prior notice. In case of any disputes, the decisions of Ngong Ping 360 will be final.
Terms and conditions of the 12% online discount
- The promotion period is from now until 31 March 2019.
- After completing the booking online, e-ticket holders can approach the boarding area directly for fast boarding.
- Confirmed online bookings are non-refundable.
- The offer cannot be used for purchasing tickets for same day travelling.
- Tickets cannot be resold or exchanged for cash. All purchased tickets are non-transferrable, non-changeable and non-refundable.
- The offer cannot be used in conjunction with other discounts or promotion offers.
- The opening hours of Ngong Ping 360 are subject to change due to inclement weather or other special circumstances. Please visit Ngong Ping 360 website for updated information before departure.
- Ngong Ping 360 Limited reserves the right to modify the Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
- In case of any disputes, the decision of Ngong Ping 360 Limited shall be final.
For enquiries, please contact the guest service hotline of Ngong Ping 360 Limited at (852)3666-0606.