Po Chu Tam
Literally translated as “the precious pearl pond”, Po Chu Tam is located at the north of Tai O. The “pearl” refers to the circular islet in the middle of the pond, which is believed to brighten Tai O.
Legend has it that to protect the fengshui of Po Chu Tam, which is surrounded four mythical animals represented by the Lion Hill, Elephant Hill, Tiger Hill and Phoenix Hill, villagers built the Yeung Hau Temple. The declared monument was built with exquisite craftsmanship and is home to a wealth of historical relics, including a bell cast in 1699 and an inscribed stone tablet made in 1877.
For an in-depth nature and culture trip to Tai O, Po Chu Tam and Yeung Hau Temple are two destinations that cannot be missed.
Kat Hing Back Street, Tai O, Lantau Island (next to Yeung Hau Temple)
How to get there
From Tai O Market, walk towards the north along Kat Hing Back Street to reach Po Chu Tam.