360 Buddhist Walk – a Trip of Enlightenment
This two-hour excursion takes you to Ngong Ping’s Buddhist monastery and related attractions. Appreciate the architecture, and become enlightened by listening to Buddhist stories and learning more about yourself.
Infants aged between 0-2 years inclusive are free of charge.
* Child must be accompanied by an adult aged of 15 or above. Ticket holders may be requested to present proof of age.
Enjoy the vista of rolling greens, boundless blue sky and the vast ocean from the cable car cabin of Asia’s longest bi-cable ropeway. Kick off your trip of enlightenment with a bird’s eye view on the breathtaking pan orama from all 360 degrees.Travel to the pedestal of the Big Buddha at the comfortable 360 Holidays coach.
The world renowned outdoor seated bronze Buddha statue sits calmly on a three-storey pedestal. The 34-metre tall statue weighs 250 tonnes. It was built over 12 years’ time. Measuring 30 square metres, the solemn face of the bronze Buddha statue was cast in a single piece. Visitors could appreciate the Buddha’s relic, the most sacred item of Buddhism, and worship the Buddha in the exhibition hall inside of the pedestal.
The Grand Hall of Ten Thousand Buddhas was completed in 2014. The five storey architecture occupies an area of more than 6,000 square metres. It comprises of the Main Shrine Hall of Buddha, a scripture library, an abbot’s chamber, a mediation hall, a permanent altar, an exhibition hall for Buddhist artefacts and a multi-functional hall. It is an important educational base for traditional culture, and a complex that combines Buddhist teaching, religious mediation, history, culture and tourism.
“Dongshan Famen”, literally East Mountain teaching, is a stone-built gate east of the “Buddhist World in the South” stone gate on the Ngong Ping plateau, Lantau Island. It is also one of the six attractions of the Ngong Ping Fun Walk. Go through the gate and there is a downslope trail. This was the main path of Lantau residents, who travelled from the valley area to Ngong Ping plateau via Tei Tong Tsai. This is why it is also known as “Tong Tsai Ancient Trail” or “Dongshan Famen Ancient Trail”.
An arrangement of 38 giant wood columns measuring 8-10 metres tall and 1 metre wide to showcase calligraphic works by master of Chinese studies Professor Jao Tsung-I. These wood columns are arranged in a “∞” pattern. The words are from a famous Buddhist classic called the Heart Sutra. The Wisdom Path symbolises the profoundness and wisdom of Buddhist teaching.
You now return to the Po Lin Monastery to enjoy refreshment and to tour on your own. The excursion concludes with a return trip to Tung Chung on the cable car.
Pictures and the above itinerary are for reference only.
For enquiries on tour schedule and ticketing of the guided tour, please contact Ngong Ping 360 staff at (852)3666 0606.
Travel Agent’s License No.: 353401
- All rates are quoted in Hong Kong dollars.
- Should the cable car service be cancelled due to inclement weather or other reasons, the guided tour will be cancelled. Ngong Ping 360 and 360 Holidays may make other transportation arrangements for the transfer between Tung Chung and Ngong Ping, subject to actual circumstances.
- In the case of cancellation for typhoon or undesirable conditions, please approach your point of purchase for refund.
- Partial refund will be given should it be necessary to change or cancel parts of a tour in operation. Participants who cancel the tour on their own accord prior to tour commencement and participants who decide to cancel the remaining part of the tour will be deemed to have given up the tour. No refund will be given in such cases.
- As the tour requires walking on mountain trails, guests should consider their fitness and physical conditions prior to joining the tour. Ngong Ping 360 reserves the right to cancel the right of participation for any person who are not fit for the tour.
- Ngong Ping 360 and 360 Holidays shall be exempted from any liability for loss, damage to property, injury of person, theft, accidental delay or other occurrences beyond its control that occur during the course of the guided tour.
- Subject to transportation circumstances, Ngong Ping 360 and 360 Holidays may make changes to the tour itinerary before tour commencement without prior notice.
- Tour Start-Times stated on this leaflet do not change because of latecomers. No refund will be provided for latecomers.